Welcome Letter
Dear Parents,
I am delighted to have your child in my class this year!! 4th grade will be a year filled with many learning and life experiences. I am honored to be a part of your child’s life during this most important time. We have many fun and exciting things planned that will enhance your child’s 4th grade experience.
This year, I am super excited to announce that we will have a UALR intern in our classroom with us until March. Please welcome Mrs. Becky Smith to our classroom!
Each day your child will come home with a RED Mabelvale Mustang folder. There will be a Daily Behavior Sheet along with homework in this each night. I ask that you please review this with your child each night – initial and return. This will keep communication open between all three of us – parent, child, and teacher! In the case that your child forgets this folder I have developed a blog site that will be updated daily/weekly to keep parents informed about classroom needs & activities. Homework will also be posted along with a Spelling List in case your child forgets them at school.
www.pilkingtons4thgrade.blogspot.com
In 4th grade, our behavior plan consists of a positive reward plan the “ticket system”. Each week your child will need to earn 10 tickets in order to receive the ultimate prize of “Fun Friday” at the end of the week. During “Fun Friday” students will have extra time to plan educational games and have free time. This system works very well with my students & students respond wonderfully! The ultimate goal is for students to earn at least 2 tickets each day. Tickets may be removed for inappropriate behavior but can be replaced for corrected actions. This enables the child to correct mistakes made and build on positive reinforcement.
I am very excited about meeting each and every one of you this year. I am available through email and voicemail – so please don’t hesitate to contact me. My email address is: jessica.pilkington@lrsd.org and my direct classroom phone number is : 447-5439.
Here’s to a very successful year!!
Mrs. Jessica Pilkington
School Supply List
1 - box of colored pencils
1- box of Crayola Crayons
6 - folders with pockets
2 - pkgs. of loose leaf notebook paper
2 - boxes of 12 #2 pencils
1 - pkg. of blue or black ink pens
1 - Composition Notebook
2 - large boxes of Kleenex
1 - bottle of liquid hand soap
1 - bottle of Germ-X
1 - pkg. of Ziploc bags (any size)
Monday, August 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment